mobile app development firm mobile app development firm mobile app development firm mobile app development firm
Are you here to find out if blockchain has anything to do with mobile app development? If your answer is yes, then you have come to the right place. Blockchain has been welcomed in a lot of industries whether it is finance, health, technology etc. It’s actually pretty useful for a Mobile app development company too.
Blockchain was first introduced in the year 2008 with the Bitcoin cryptocurrency. This technology is decentralized which means there are no servers that contain information. The data is stored on various locations and hence it provides a great deal of security. If anyone wants to hack a blockchain system, they will need computer processing power. Also, depending on what they are trying to hack, the criminal might even end up hurting himself. For instance, if someone hacks bitcoin, its value drops immediately.
Application of blockchain in mobile app development
Now let’s take a look at the application of blockchain in Mobile app development services. Whether or not blockchain would be useful to an Android or iPhone app development company depends on how they want to reap its benefits. If a company is developing apps similar to bitcoin then yes, it will find the blockchain technology quite useful. For that, the developer has to create an architecture that incorporates peer-to-peer electronic cash system.
As mentioned above, bitcoin has a distributed database so it functions better than the non- distributed apps especially in times of network failure. A developer has to be very careful since it is critical to store data in such a database. Another challenge occurs when a user spends the same bitcoin more than once and the bitcoin blockchain records the transaction. When this happens, bitcoin loses its consistency. This is one of the drawbacks of a distributed database.
It’s difficult to develop distributed apps
Even the company offering you mobile application development services will say that developing distributed apps is a tough task. You have to test and debug the software rigorously so that the app can run on a single system efficiently. You better be ready to deal with bugs like heisenbug. IIt makes a computer operation change its behavior during the testing phase. Other bugs are mandelbugs and schrödinbugs that can cause abstract and unexpected computer behavior during the use of the application.
The use of blockchain in the mobile app industry
The uses of blockchain in different industries are endless so how can the mobile app development industry stay behind? Here are some ways this technology can be used in mobile apps:
- As the exchange markets on the web are increasing day by day, they will need more mobile apps. This technology can hence be used in asset trading, mining, and currency exchanges.
- The blockchain technology will be required to create apps that allow payments in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies .
- Another blockchain application is electronic wallet apps. These apps let you store and spend your digital money.
- There is an increasing demand for cryptocurrency tracking apps these days too. They track the rates of various cryptocurrencies, send notifications, show trading information and help you create a portfolio of various currencies.
- How can we forget smart contracting? This uses the blockchain technology in Android and iOS apps. Since more and more companies have started to use smart contracts, they will need mobile application development services for this purpose.
The blockchain technology has a long way to do. It would actual prove to be handy for a mobile app development company that wants to help its clients in developing new business processes and create more secure apps. The biggest potential for this technology is not just finance. In the near future, we will see more and more mobile apps developed using the blockchain technology. This would be the era of secure apps with smarter solutions. Using Blockchain in mobile app development is a bit challenging but as its deployment increases, better solutions will soon be created to overcome these hurdles and create apps that are a combination of amazing features.